Any designer, be it a professional designer or an amateur, cannot proceed and create great designs if he/she doesn’t have an advanced and well-designed mouse rendering to their designing needs.
To work on AutoCAD with full precision and expertise is not possible without an essential hardware tool which is a mouse and that too an advanced one which is designed particularly for CAD applications. This makes it necessary for you to have one but choosing a mouse fulfilling all your demands can be tough considering the fact that there are such vast options in the market and with various designs being introduced every now and then.
- 1 List of Best Mouse For AutoCAD and 3D Modelling
- 2 Things to consider while choosing the best mouse for AutoCAD and 3d Modelling
- 2.1 1. 3D Connexion CAD Mouse (3DX-700052)
- 2.2 2. 3D Connexion 3DX-700049 Space Mouse Pro Wireless
- 2.3 3. 3Dconnexion 3DX-700034 SpaceNavigator for Notebooks 3D Mouse
- 2.4 4. Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse
- 2.5 5. Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
- 2.6 6. Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
- 2.7 7. Elecom M-XT3DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse
- 2.8 8. Razer DeathAdder Chroma Multi-Color Mouse
- 2.9 9. Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse
- 3 CONCLUSION
List of Best Mouse For AutoCAD and 3D Modelling
- 3D Connexion CAD Mouse (3DX-700052)
- 3D Connexion (3DX-700049) Space Mouse Pro Wireless
- 3D Connexion 3DX-700034 Space Navigator For Notebook
- Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse
- Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
- Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
- Elecom M-XT3DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse
- Razer DeathAdder Chroma Multi-Color Mouse
- Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse
3D Connexion CAD Mouse (3DX-700052)
3D Connexion (3DX-700049) Space Mouse Pro Wireless
3D Connexion 3DX-700034 Space Navigator For Notebook
Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse
Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
Elecom M-XT3DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Chroma Multi-Color Mouse
Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse
Things to consider while choosing the best mouse for AutoCAD and 3d Modelling
- Make sure that it has good compatibility with frequently used well-known CAD applications like Blender, Solidworks, Revit, and so on.
- Decide whether you want a mouse with wire or a wireless model. It doesn’t really matter as far as the working is concerned, both have their pros and cons. The wireless ones work on batteries that need to be charged or replaced but look neat compared to the mouse with wire.
- Also, ensure its compatibility with your Operating System. Mac and Linux users should check if the mouse works perfectly well with their operating system and the CAD application on that system or not.
- Next comes the build and design of the mouse, its keys, grip, etc. all these are an added advantage and help in smooth usage. Usually, an ergonomic shape large mouse having a rubber grip near the thumb and on the sides of the mouse is perfect and highly recommended.
- Though not a popular preference, you can also go for the programmable mouse having different dedicated keys for various functions like zoom, pan, etc. if you want and can work well with so many keys on the mouse.
- One aspect is comfort. As designers work for long hours daily and use the same mouse for the entire time, it is important to make sure that the tool you are using not just has great configurations but also provides you and your hand precise comfort.
- Another aspect is the resolution or sensitivity of the mouse. But this is not too important to consider unless your work requires using a mouse designing with extreme precision.
The 3D Connexion CAD (3DX-700052) mouse is specially designed for CAD users and considering their working style, having a mouse wheel button, and a dedicated middle mouse button, providing more comfort and convenience while controlling so that you don’t have to scroll the wheel.
It also has two additional buttons that are customizable for thumb use, as needed by the CAD professionals. Having an ergonomic design, radial menu, more adjustable options, and buttons for zoom in and zoom out, overall the mouse fits perfectly well to a user having a medium or large hand. But this mouse is only for the right-handers. As far as the AutoCAD list is concerned, this one here is the best mouse out of all, designed focusing on user requirements so that they can experience comfort.
- Has a cable connecting wire
- Is available in matte black color
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Vista only
- Has a laser movement detection with up to 8200 DPI
This mouse 3D Connexion (3DX-700049) Space Mouse Pro Wireless unlike others has a very unique design. A mouse that has a great battery life, appropriate weight, an ergonomic design, excellent performance, and an overall sophisticated design with numerous features.
It has hotkeys and pucks that work quite well and a long-lasting battery ensuring smooth and uninterrupted work. This is a unique professional mouse which has high tech features to cater to every demand of AutoCAD professionals. It comforts you by providing hand rest so that you don’t need to hold it down.
Also, since it is wireless, your desk looks neat and presentable without the messy wires. Besides the smooth working experience it provides to AutoCAD users, it is also one of the best mouse for 3D modeling, making it one of the finest options.
- It has 15 programmable keys, a rotation toggle key, FQuick new keys, etc.
- This mouse has a 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a six degrees freedom sensor
- It has an internal Lithium-ion polymer battery which is rechargeable
- Varied features such as Virtual NumPad, Quickview keys, Intelligent function keys, on-screen display, keyboard modifiers, etc.
- It also provides USB connectivity, simultaneous data, and a recharging facility
This model of 3D Connexion, 3DX-700034 Space Navigator For Notebook is an ultra-light and compact mouse having 3D precision making it an ideal companion of 3D designers and enthusiasts during their travel.
Having universal compatibility and a simplified control with a two-button layout, it is preferred by most gamers and 3D designers. Also, it has a smaller footprint compared to its desktop counterpart and an innovative cap design which increases your comfort and provides immersive interaction with the 3D world.
- It has great compatibility with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Linux Redhat Enterprise WS 4, Sun Solaris 10, Sun Solaris 8 (SPARC), SuSE Linux 9.3 and Mac OS X 10.4.6 or greater
- Has a comparatively smaller footprint, therefore is easy to use anywhere and is half the weight of SpaceNavigator
- It is cap designed for more immersive and natural 3D interaction and is such that it can withstand all the travel wear and tear and carry it to and fro with ease
- Is a comfortable pick and makes holding and rotating of 3D objects on-screen quite easy and fast, therefore, great for designing
Made with excellence and precision, this Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse is a passionate creation by the team of Logitech providing you with a solid high performance at an affordable price, thus being an absolute no brainer. This mouse is great for gaming as well as other high-end tasks.
Buying this mouse is an ever winning experience for you will get unmatched 250 hours of non-stop wireless power, greater reliability, precision in working, greater speed, and experience great comfort using this lag-free wireless gaming mouse.
It is an engineering masterpiece with a build of excellent quality, an adjustable DPI to customize as per your requirements, an energy-saving mode, and an ergonomic design which makes it very comfortable to hold it in hand well.
This mouse has software that alerts when the battery is low, this prevents you from being interrupted in between your game or work. Its DPI options help you perform meticulous tasks with ease and it has impressive performance with a listed response rate of 2ms, enabling working for long hours without any lag.
The best thing is that it fits all kinds of palm sizes. It had so many options like finger controls of the fast scroll, quick zoom in and zoom out, and many other cool options. Undoubtedly one of the best mouses for 3D modeling which is economical.
- Is power-saving and has a battery life of up to 250 hours
- For customized control, it has eleven programmable buttons and a high accuracy delta zero sensor technology
- Is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- It has on-the-fly adjustable DPI and has long life buttons rated to 20 mn clicks
- It is a lag-free gaming-grade wireless tool that has endurance and performance modes maximizing its battery life
The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is a very hand friendly mouse with a precision cursor control which allows you to work anytime at any place be it your office, bed, desk, or a coffee table. This mouse has a time tested shape which enhances comfort thus making you get rid of the crampy feeling.
All you have to do is just roll the ball with your thumb and you are good to go. It makes working on CAD for long hours daily very easy by its comfort, superior precision, long battery life, and uninterrupted performance. All you have to do is to make sure the trackball is clean whenever you are using it, rest you are good to go.
- It has a sensor resolution of 540 along with a smooth & precise cursor control
- It has a wireless operating distance which is approximate 10m4
- It has great compatibility with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- It has a quite long battery life of up to 18 months without replacing the AA battery
- It has a Logitech Unifying receiver that helps you connect up to six Unifying compatible devices with just one tiny wireless
- It has a sculpted shape and provides trackball comfort
- The Robust 2.4 GHz wireless connection allows you to control your computer, laptop or other similar devices wirelessly from up to 30 feet away.
This mouse of Logitech is one of the most customizable and easy to use mouse having a great resolution and image processing helping designers to work on their designs with excellence and precision. This mouse you master your favorite MMO and provides lightning-fast accuracy for executing every task you want to perform.
One thing that sets it apart from the rest is there is a clear distinction of modes and profiles making its software adaptable in general. It is a very versatile tool for it allows you to create three different profiles for each application is highly responsive and enables you to customize color schemes too. It even has backlit buttons that support custom colors out of a set of millions of colors from which you can choose according to your requirements.
- Responsiveness – its USB data format is 16 bits/axis and its USB report rate is up to 1000 reports/second
- Tracking – this mouse has a resolution of 50 to 8200 dots per inch (DPI)
- It has the image processing of 11.25 megapixels per second
- Its maximum acceleration is 25G1 and its speed is 160 inches that are 4.06 meters per second, at maximum
- Glide – its cord is of 15 grams and the mouse in total weighs 133 grams
- 0.09 µ (k)** is its dynamic coefficient of friction and 14 µ (s)** is its static coefficient of friction
The Elecom M-XT3DRBK wireless trackball mouse is a great pick when it comes to advanced responsiveness and amazing adjustable resolution features. Having an ergonomic design, advanced gaming sensors, and 6 button keys, this mouse is perfect for those who are into long hours of gaming and 3d designing providing long term comfort. Its pointer speed is adjustable between 750/1500 count responsiveness and provides you smooth and reliable scrolling.
As far as comfort is concerned, you can use it for long hours of work with excellent precision and connectivity lag-free without any interruptions. It has a scrolling wheel which can be tilted sideways providing you with additional functions within the applications.
- Has advanced responsiveness and an adjustable resolution
- Advanced gaming sensors and six-button keys
- Has robust wireless connectivity along with comfortable design
To start with, this Razer DeathAdder Chroma Multi-Color mouse has an impeccable design, a great choice for even the most testing of battles. This multi-feature tool gives you a whole new level of comfort and fits snugly under your palm, thanks to its ergonomic design. This mouse has a 16000 DPI optical sensor and has a movement speed of 200 inches per second and 50g acceleration.
It is great for 3D designers as it provides the exact accuracy, the organic fluidity, and pays heed to even the minutest details. It also has a cool feature of light customization, you can pick up whichever color you want from electric blue, pastel pink, and signature green. Overall this mouse proves to be highly ideal for gaming and 3D designing being of the right weight, having superior rubber grip, and delivering the most comfortable high performance.
- Has a true 16000 DPI optical sensor
- movement speed of 200 inches per second and 50g acceleration
- Light customization option – Razer Chroma lighting having 16.8 million color options to choose from
- Has an ergonomic design for right-hand users along with textured rubber grips on the side and razer mechanical mouse switches
This mouse has a dual wireless technology that enables you to connect via Bluetooth or through a USB nano receiver. It provides you four customizable buttons along with an adjustable cursor and scrolling speed, all this provides you with personalized and comfortable user experience.
This mouse has an ambidextrous design as well as a detachable wrist rest and can be used by both left and right-handed users. It has diamond Sye optical tracking which provides smooth precise cursor control. It has a large ball scrolling which you can move up and down the web pages.
- It has a dual wireless connection
- Has great compatibility with Windows 8, Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.8 and later
- Its auto-sleep feature helps to save the AA battery
- Has a good cursor speed and four different customizable buttons
As far as AutoCAD is concerned, the priority while selecting a hardware tool like a mouse should be precision, technology, design, and comfort.
Since you have to work or design every day using that particular tool for hours, you should search for all the features and functions of that mouse considering all the above-mentioned factors. In the market there are several options by different brands, having different designs and features, some offer extra programmable buttons, hotkeys, whereas some have a 3D mechanism for an immersive experience, some have a trackball or backlit keys, color customization options, and so many other features. Make sure to search, know, decide the best option that fulfills your requirements and adapts to your design and applications and then buy it.
Otherwise, a poor performance mouse can spoil your work or designs and ultimately result in a waste of your money. For better knowledge about products before buying, do check online reviews like this detailed article you read above, it will help you to know about the products in detail and choose the best one for you and I hope you got the best mouse for autocad and 3rd modelling.